Monday, July 09, 2012

DayBook 7.9.12

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's raining and raining and raining. So nice.

I am thinking... that I should charge my camera battery, my Garmin and my iPod touch. None have been charged (or used!) since we got back from Europe.

I am thankful for... friends who let me oo and ah and hold their newborn babies. xo

From the kitchen... have a quinoa burrito in the oven for a late lunch. Made black bean and corn salad, spinach surprise dip, banana muffins and cookie dough balls over the weekend to have on hand this week. Might make some granola this afternoon.

I am wearing... JCrew high waisted skinny jeans (love 'em!) and a baggy, grey, summer sweater with yellow stripes. Very comfy.

I am creating... the same old story. Will get some sewing done with Miss D tomorrow. Looking forward to that.


I am going... to play games all afternoon with the kids. Love rainy days.

I am reading... again! I started back on the book Quiet which I really like, I just was in that reading slump. Poor Matt was trying to go to sleep last night, but I kept insisting he listen to every time I read a good part (which was every other paragraph!). I also started listening to Bonhoeffer. Just started but looking forward to the story.

I am hoping... that we win our tennis match tonight. I don't want to jinx myself, but if we win, we'll have an undefeated USTA season. Either way it has been lots of fun.

I am hearing... rain pouring out of our stopped up gutter and some birds chirping away.

Around the house... laundry. And cleaning out. Just like always.


One of my favorite things... York Peppermint Patties. Mmmm. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: tennis matches galore, sewing day with Miss D, visit from my friend Ashlee and kiddos (so excited!), some time in the mountains... it's a tough life...

Here is a picture I am sharing: chickens getting some free range time

No comments: