Monday, July 02, 2012

Day Book 7.2.12

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... is a big hole where the new deck is going in this week! Can't wait to have a nice place to sit outside in the mountains and listen to the creek.

I am thinking... about how much has changed in Colorado Springs since last week when I wrote out my DayBook. It feels a bit trivial to be blogging about silly, normal life stuff, yet it also feels good and needed. Notice I blogged a lot about dessert last week... must be a stress response!

I am thankful for... for a place to escape that's still "home." I haven't been here since March and had *almost* forgotten how wonderful it feels.

From the kitchen... salad, salad, salad this week! Plus maybe some 4th of July fun.

I am wearing... cut-offs and a baggy white J Crew t-shirt. Sometimes a loose tee feels so much sexier to me than a slim fitting one. Oh - and this tee doubled as PJs last night!

I am creating... two new quilt tops. I told myself I wouldn't start anything new until I got a few WIP finished up. Couldn't resist! Argh.


I am going... home to Colorado Springs today. I have a tennis match to play this evening.

I am reading... still in a slump. Nothing sounds all that appealing right now.

I am hoping... I don't know...

I am hearing... the stream rushing, the early birds chirping and the kitchen clock ticking. Love being up before everyone else.

Around the house... still have some home projects that I want to share. I'll get to it eventually.


One of my favorite things... anything red, white and blue!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I need to look at the calendar. Tennis tonight, lunch with a friend tomorrow, low-key 4th of July, and maybe a trip back up to the mountains.

Here is a picture I am sharing: love high altitude hiking. At about 10,000 feet here.

No comments: