Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teacher Goodbye Quilt

Another finish from fall/winter...

Last fall Kate had an exchange teacher from the UK. Kate adored her, and when she was leaving in December, I volunteered to finish a quilt for her. The kids all drew pictures on fabric squares, I pieced them, quilted it, and did the binding. I'm not actually a big fan of quilts made from kids' artwork (that's why for the kindy teacher's quilt I did the embroidered hands), but I think this turned out pretty good. A few things I might have done differently with the kids' art, but I was only in charge of the sewing...


Eric Carle Brown Bear fabric for backing
Kate's square
I still haven't posted our London pictures, but Rachel (the exchange teacher) came down and stayed with us in London. It was really fun for all of us to see her, especially for Kate.

No comments: