Sunday, June 17, 2012

Scrappy Mug Rug

I've actually made a few mug rugs lately that I've given as gifts and forgotten to photograph (mostly because I'm usually finishing the binding on my way out the door to whatever gift-giving event!). The mug rug craze seems to have past, but I still love making (and giving!) them. So easy and quick and satisfying. I made this one completely from scraps except for the backing and binding and gave it as a little "tea time" gift set.
Mug Rug top
Mug Rug Backing
My cute, little label
All the goodies
All Together
I always share my creations with Miss D. She loved the mug rug design, and we spent all day Friday sewing scrappy placemats. I am supplying the scraps, she is supplying the linen that she has stashed away. Should have the tops done by the end of the week.

No comments: