Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fire Nearby

I was quilt shop hopping with Miss D this morning, and as we headed for lunch, I snapped this photo of a fire just starting.
Taken from UCCS
Since then the Waldo Canyon Fire has spread rapidly. I know many people who have been evacuated from their homes. Even though our house isn't in any danger (half of Colorado Springs would have to burn first!), this fire isn't very far away. I can't help but feel uneasy.
Smoke view from my backyard
They say it should take at least a few days to get it out. Keep our town and those firefighters in your thoughts.

This is one of many fires burning in Colorado right now. I was supposed to go to a running/yoga/meditation retreat next weekend, but that has been cancelled due to the High Park Fire. A little bummed...

No comments: