Monday, June 04, 2012

Day Book 6.4.12


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... sun is bright, grass is damp, air is cool, sky is clear, couldn't be a more perfect way to start the day.

I am thinking... that I've been doing a pretty good job at stopping what I'm doing to give the beings around me love and attention when they need it - not just kids, but also cats, dog, chickens, fish, etc. It makes me feel less rushed and less busy when I take those time outs.


I am thankful for... a well built hen house and coop

From the kitchen... made myself a chocolate milk and banana smoothie this morning, want to make some banana bread today, and sometime this week learn to make crumpets

I am wearing... brown capri running tights & short sleeve athletic top from this morning. About to change into a tennis skirt.

I am creating... calmness amidst the chaos


I am going... to call some friends today.


I am reading... not much right now. Mostly reading magazines and listening to podcasts. Thinking that I need some hammock time with a good book


I am hoping... that I grow old as gracefully as my good friend Miss D.

I am hearing... the grackles squawk at Oscar the cat outside. Lots of fledglings leaving the nests this week.

Around the house... camping stuff mostly put away. Few random things still out and about. Need to fold all the laundry I washed yesterday. 


One of my favorite things... campfire s'mores

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 tennis, my mom and niece arrive, tennis, strawberry picking, tennis, lunch with tennis gals, and then more tennis

Here is a picture I am sharing: Oscar hanging out with the chickens. He loves to sit and just watch.

No comments: