Monday, June 18, 2012

Day Book 6.18.12


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... another beautiful Colorado day. I think the weather here has spoiled me. The chickens are scratching away in their run, Oscar is chasing bugs in the grass, and Brittany (the kitten's new name - is this the 3rd or 4th name?) is watching from the window.

I am thinking...  that I love my house and my neighborhood.

I am thankful for... solo time. I love my family, but a bit of solitude is good for my soul.

From the kitchen... have a chai frothing right now. Also going to do a bunch of smoothies this week.

I am wearing... my favorite lounge pants - they are from Lucy, almost like parachute pants (remember those?!?) with a soft, yoga-like, almost maternity looking waistband. So comfy and great for under tennis skirts when it is cold because the thin waist doesn't add bulk. On top is the simple tank top I slept in and my pink Patagonia fleece jacket.

I am creating... quilts. Really I'm quilting a lot of quilts, even brought my machine down to the dining room table so I have more room and support as I quilt. Trying to work on some unfinished projects this week. I'd love to have at least 3 done by this weekend.


I am going... to run some errands today. Will feel good to check things off the list.

I am reading... still haven't been inspired to pick up a book nor listen to a book. That seems to happen in the summer for me. I have been listening to lots of podcasts - mostly Midday Connection. I'm all caught up with the Simple Mom podcasts or I'd be listening to those also.

I am hoping... that a friend's baby comes soon. I need a newborn baby fix!

I am hearing...
the birds chirping away outside. Love that. I can identify a grackle call, but I'd like to learn more calls.

Around the house... oh have I been getting some stuff done around the house! I cleaned out the floor and desktop in my office (again!). Sent 4 small trashcans of paper to be recycled, and I'm just getting started. Next up are the drawers, the closet, the magnetic board, etc. Also working on moving my family photo wall. Adding some new photos and some artwork.


One of my favorite things... tennis. I love it. Who knew when I started taking lessons just a year and a half ago that I'd be such a fan? Playing really brings out the endorphins for me.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 tennis every day, an early morning run, a trip to Denver for some shopping, a "serenity hour" at the spa (it was a free gift for scheduling hair appts), maybe a massage... it is going to be a good week!

Here is a picture I am sharing: Angry Bird tattoos on our belly buttons (I thought about NOT posting this photo because it isn't the most flattering of my tummy {why did I not suck in?!?}, but then I decided it's not that bad)

No comments: