Monday, June 11, 2012

Day Book 6.11.12

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... clear skies but ever-so-slightly hazy. Guessing that is from the wildfires? It was really  hazy yesterday, but it made for the most beautiful sunset I've seen in awhile.

I am thinking... that people on Facebook are pretty annoying. So much over sharing. And they are supposed to be my "friends"... Been thinking that I might deactivate my account so I don't even have to think about it.


I am thankful for... for my Kate date yesterday afternoon. We went and got pedicures (it was Kate's first full pedicure - note that I did not have my first pedicure until I was in my late 20's!), did a little clothes shopping (such opinions my girl has on style - as always, I was horrified at most of the offerings), and a little fabric shopping (Kate wants to sew her first skirt and wants me to make a mermaid tale for her... should be interesting!)

From the kitchen... currently eating granola, Noosa honey yogurt (yum!) and diced strawberries.

I am wearing... black yoga pants and a black/white knit tunic. It's my cool, summer morning uniform.

I am creating... some fun things! Finally got into my sewing room yesterday for the first time in WEEKS. Whipped up a little scrappy mug rug that makes me want to make a big, scrappy quilt. Also working on a non-quilt project for kids that I'll share when I'm done.


I am going... nowhere in the month of June. How good that feels!

I am reading... unbelievably, I have not been reading. This may be my longest stretch EVER since I learned to read. Been keeping pretty busy during the day and then conking out at night. Not even listening to a book... been catching up on podcasts.

I am hoping... that someone I know will get married (I have no one in mind, just someone!). Lately I've felt like going to a wedding.

I am hearing... dull highway noises (extra loud this morning), the kitchen clock tick, and some hum that I can't identify. Pretty darn quiet right now.

Around the house... little organization projects, general decluttering, trying to keep up with the summer fun, lots of laundry, thinking about painting


One of my favorite things... mornings where I'm awake early and everyone else sleeps in

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 camp for Kate, some tennis, hair appt, pool time and more tennis.

Here is a picture I am sharing: Taking my niece Mira hiking & rock scrambling in Garden of the Gods

No comments: