Wednesday, June 06, 2012

30 Days of Organization - #5 Office Bookcase

Yesterday I got a bee in my bonnet to reorganize my office book case by color. I've seen multiple examples on the web and in magazines, and thought it looked like fun.
Before
After
Two complications with this project:

#1 I probably should have been cleaning up the house for the arrival of my mom and my niece Mira instead of getting side tracked with the bookcase in my office. Oops!

#2 Even though I love the look of the bookcase, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it this way. Despite not looking very organized, I did have my books arranged in categories - parenting, travel, spiritual, etc. Now I think it will be difficult to find the books I want when I want them. For example, if I need a travel book on Guatemala, I won't necessarily know to look in the green section. I might not even remember that I own a book on Guatemala. Not certain I want to go through every book each time I'm looking for something.

I also didn't sort and thin out my book collection. Will have to get back to that.

But it does look nice for now...

2 comments:

Dayna at Precut Paradise said...

Wow that is a nice transformation, maybe you could come work at my house next!

Tiffany said...

Curious George once arranged all of the books in the kid's library by color!