Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day Book 4.24.12


I've missed doing these DayBooks! Usually I do them on Mondays, and today feels like Monday to me. So I'm doing it.

Outside my window... still dark! But I know my lilac bushes are blooming! I could smell them as soon as I opened the car door last night.

I am thinking... nothing. Really. I'm trying my best not to let my brain go into hyperactive mode now that I'm home.

I am thankful for... travel and homecoming.

From the kitchen... no idea yet. Fortunately my wonderful husband stocked the kitchen for me, so no need to go to the grocery store. We are having English muffins, kiwi and chai tea right now (the kids were up at 3am, I made it to 4:30am), but I'll make a better breakfast a little later.

I am wearing... PJs and slippers. My favorite outfit.

I am creating... can't wait to get into my sewing room later today. It will be my reward for unpacking! Don't even know where to start!


I am going... to have a stay-at-home week.

I am reading... Suite Francais. I didn't get as much reading done in Europe as I had planned. Either too busy talking or too tired! I did finish Lost in the Forest (always enjoy Sue Miller - if I was an author, I would want to write like she does) and Skippy Dies. My goodness. Don't know what to think of  the latter. All in all I liked the story, but it felt so LONG at times. Many characters bugged me, and even if it was accurate, the thoughts of the adolescent male brain were not at all interesting to me.


I am hoping... that jetlag is short lived but that waking up early becomes a habit.

I am hearing... my office space heater and cartoons from the TV

Around the house... my house looks so good! And so clean! Not sure what project I am going to tackle first, or even IF I am going to do anything soon.


One of my favorite things... smooth plane landings.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I thought I had nothing planned, but then I checked the calendar... tennis match this morning, hair appointment tomorrow, well visits for the kids on Thursday, Triathlon clinic Thursday evening, girl's night out Friday evening, baby shower this weekend... plus all the phone calls, visits, catching up, mail sorting, etc.

Here is a picture I am sharing: "stolen" from my sister's Facebook page531228_10150705233696492_606751491_9406668_200201721_n.jpg

No comments: