Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Chateau de Chillon

My blog posts won't be in sequential order of our trip, but wanted to get these photos posted while I have a chance. Yesterday the kids and I took a short train trip to the Chateau de Chillon. To be inside a "real" castle was quite an experience for the kids. I think that Jack may have enjoyed it the most, especially all the weapons! He loved pretending to be shooting arrows through the narrow windows and pouring hot liquids on invading troops!

The amazing setting


In the dungeon





Small doorways


Castle windows with beautiful views of the lake and mountains


Even medieval people had to go the bathroom
(this actually disgusted Kate quite a bit!)


Shooting arrows out the windows





So excited about the swords and lances!
(Jack took photos of EVERY weapon we saw)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: