Thursday, February 09, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

My kids declared me the "Best Mom in the World" this morning for serving them "cookies" for breakfast. There were guilty giggles all around - the kids because the were eating dessert for breakfast and me because I knew how healthy the cookies are.

I woke up (sans alarm!) at about 6am and was perusing the Internet while icing my ankle (more on that when I come to terms with it). I was on Pinterest and saw a recipe for breakfast cookies pinned by my friend Andrea (the pin doesn't link to a website so I don't know where to give credit for the recipe). I made them immediately with just a few changes including a few mini chocolate chips (I love mini chips because just a few go along way!).

When I woke up Jack and told him what I was making for breakfast, he gave me his best I-don't-believe-you look. Both kids loved them hot out of the oven. I'll be curious how well they save.



Original Breakfast Cookie recipe: 1.5 cups oats, 2-3 super ripe bananas (I used 3), 1 cup applesauce (I used my canned homemade sauce), handful of craisins, and cinnamon to taste. (I used dried cherries instead of craisins, added just a few mini chocolate chips, vanilla, and a scoop of protein powder). Plop on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

YUM!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Holz said...

how well did they save? And how did you store them?