Friday, January 20, 2012

Yesterday Play By Play


  • 5am hear Matt get up for spin class
  • 6:30 alarm goes off
  • press snooze
  • 6:39 alarm goes off
  • press snooze
  • 6:48 alarm goes off
  • press snooze
  • 6:57 alarm goes off
  • turn alarm off
  • 7am back-up alarm goes off
  • press snooze but don't go back to sleep
  • check email and read some blogs on my phone while still in bed
  • 7:09 alarm goes off
  • get up, take a quick shower (I was stinky!), brush teeth and put on work out clothes
  • 7:25 wake up kids, Kate is already up and getting dressed
  • Get clothes for Jack and get him dressed
  • Go downstairs, pull out toaster, start toast, pour milk for Jack
  • Put snacks and homework folders in kids' backpacks
  • Tell kids to eat
  • Quickly blow dry hair
  • Search for library books
  • Tell kids to put on shoes
  • Put my ipod and some snacks for myself in my bag
  • Tell kids to get backpacks and get in the car
  • Pour myself a bowl of cereal
  • Grab my bag, bowl of cereal, running shoes and sunglasses
  • Tell kids to get in the car
  • Realize that my orthotics are in my trail shoes, grab those shoes also
  • Fill my water bottle
  • Tell the kids to GET IN THE CAR!
  • Load the car with all my junk and the kids
  • 7:59 drop the kids off at school just in time
  • Eat cereal on the way to the gym while listening to my audiobook
  • In gym parking lot, take off slippers, switch orthotics to running shoes and lace up
  • 8:30am start my 5 mile run on the treadmill (usually I avoid the treadmill, but not today...)
  • Matt calls, I huff that I am on the treadmill and can't talk
  • Stretch
  • 9:30 Strength training with my friend Kristen (along with some laughing that my sweat looks like I've pee'd my pants!)
  • Chat with some friends at the gym
  • 10:15 arrive home
  • Turn on audiobook in kitchen
  • Unload the dishwasher
  • Reload the dishwasher
  • Clean up breakfast
  • Sort yesterday's mail
  • Deposit a check using mobile deposit on my phone
  • Leave a message with Miss D
  • Take a real shower, get dressed, blow dry hair, put on some make-up
  • Ditch plan to ride my bike to lunch when I realize the tires are flat
  • Almost get in a wreck when some guy runs a red light
  • Talk to a homeless guy while waiting for my friend at the restaurant
  • Update my Facebook status
  • 11:30 My friend Genevieve arrives for a lovely, long lunch
  • Have a good conversation
  • Drop Genevieve off at her school
  • Listen to audiobook on the way home
  • Look through a few quilting books for a gift idea while still listening to audiobook, find nothing
  • Empty dryer, move laundry from washer to dryer
  • Get myself a little dish of chocolate covered pomegranate seeds
  • Turn on the computer
  • Decide it is too beautiful to be inside and take laptop to the back porch
  • Laugh and enjoy the responses to my Facebook status
  • Take a photo of Nina basking in the sun
  • Chat for awhile with my friend Krista when she calls
  • As soon as we hang up, Matt calls, chat with him for a bit
  • Read some blogs, search the internet for camping lake resorts in Minnesota 
  • Realize I'm tired
  • 1:55 take a quick nap
  • 2:20 alarm goes off
  • Get up, put on shoes and puffy vest
  • Fix myself a chai tea
  • Drive to school
  • Listen to audiobook while waiting for kids
  • Go meet one of Kate's friends
  • Chat with some moms on the playground
  • Go back to car with Jack while Kate plays awhile longer
  • Help Jack with his math homework in the car
  • Return a text to my sister-in-law
  • Drive to grocery store
  • Buy cauliflower, onions, milk, powdered sugar and crescent rolls (Jack's request!)
  • Drive home
  • 3:35 Chat with kids while they eat a snack
  • Encourage Kate to start her homework
  • Enter Jack's spelling words on the Spelling City website
  • Help Kate with a homework question
  • Start making dinner (roasted fingerling potatoes, veggies and sausage)
  • Continue to answer homework questions for Kate while making dinner
  • Answer doorbell and reschedule housekeeper visit for tomorrow
  • Send Jack upstairs to change into swim trunks
  • Realize that Jack's swim lesson starts early tonight and there is no way dinner will be ready in time
  • Send Kate to get ready for swimming
  • Tell the kids to eat a snack to get them through swimming
  • Gather what I need for book club
  • Leave dinner in the oven (turned off) to stay warm
  • Kate attempts to call Matt while driving to swim lessons
  • Calls wrong office, gets another partner
  • 5pm Arrive at pool and get Jack started with his lesson
  • Help Kate with her swim cap
  • Talk to Matt on the phone
  • Watch lessons/swim team while flipping through a Runner's World magazine, checking email and reading blogs on my phone
  • Dry Jack off and send him into the locker room to put on PJs
  • Kiss Matt when he arrives to take over
  • Admire Kate's swimming style
  • Talk to my tennis partner on drive home
  • Serve myself some roasted veggies and quickly eat
  • 6:30 Arrive at bookclub
  • Bind blanket while having a great disscussion
  • Eat lemon meringue pie
  • Offer to host bookclub next time
  • Respond to an email from my sister-in-law
  • Drive home
  • Sort today's mail
  • Madly pick up the house for housekeeper coming tomorrow morning
  • Empty dryer and take clothes basket upstairs
  • Put on PJs, brush teeth
  • Check on kids and kiss them in their sleep
  • 10pm Climb in bed
  • Chat with Matt
  • Think about reading
  • Fall asleep

This is #1 of 40 days that I'm documenting a day in our life for my 40 for 40 list

No comments: