Sunday, January 29, 2012

Running Log

This week's running highlights...
  • Ran my longest run ever today! 14.75 miles! Although I'm not sure *run* is the appropriate verb - *went* might be better. Matt ran the first half with me. I got a grumbly tummy at mile 7 so I went home with him for a pit stop and a water refill before I hit the last 7 miles. There was a decent amount of walking in there, but I finished strong and felt great at mile 14. Had to force myself to stop running and walk home.
  • Ran in Bear Creek Park where I encountered the bear last summer. It was only my second run there since the bear run-in. My first run back last fall, I spotted a coyote eyeing me. This week, there was a deer leg on the trail (a sign of a mountain lion in the vicinity) in almost the same spot I saw the bear. Needless to say, I'm a bit jumpy on that running route.
  • Still no swimming or biking. My legs are getting plenty with running and tennis right now.
  • 3 weeks until my half marathon. Taper starts this week.
  • Going to sit in the hot tub as soon as I'm done typing!
Running Miles: 30.25
Hiking Miles: 0
Swimming Miles: 0
Biking Miles: 0
Tennis Hours: 6 (& I wonder why I can't get any cooking or laundry done!)

Skiing Hours: 0 (much to Matt's dismay!)

This Week's Total Mileage: 30.25

YTD Mileage: 109.5

No comments: