Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rudolph Club


Just for the record, even I think I'm a bit crazy for doing this. But the last 2 years I have used the Organized Christmas site to help me get ready for the holidays. in 2010 I did the 6 week Christmas Countdown which was great and really allowed me to enjoy the season. For 2011, I did the Houseworks Holiday Plan. It got a little long, and I lost momentum by early November. But I was really happy to have lots of my holiday plans done early. This year I've decided to do the Rudolph Club. On the 25th of every month, you do some Christmas planning. They have assignments each month that I'll pick and choose from, but since I've been trying to move more and more to handmade/homemade gifts, I'm hoping this will give me some momentum/inspiration to get some of these gifts done early. I'm also hoping that I will get to some of the quilty Christmas projects that I keep intending to make for ME.

Yesterday was the January meeting. Matt had a late work meeting last night, so I used the time at my sewing machine working on the gifts I am making for all the cousins this coming year. I also did some research on some of the accessories to go with the gift. I also want to inventory my gift closet in the next week (it is over flowing! Some will be birthday presents for my kids in Feb and March, some I'll save for birthday party presents, some are just going to be donated, and some I'll save for the Toys for Tots drive next December).

No comments: