Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hippo Blanket

Matt's sister had a new baby boy back in December. We didn't know ahead of time if it was going to be a boy or a girl which makes project planning a bit difficult. I also didn't have a lot of time with the holidays, so I decided to make a cut chenille blanket after seeing this tutorial. I can't remember where I found the cute decorator's weight hippo fabric, but I bought the flannel from Connecting Threads. The binding is from my stash - maybe It's a Hoot? My hand got awfully sore cutting with the scissors that much and I had other issues with the cutting (ugh, ugh, ugh! If I do another blanket like this - and I have more hippo fabric in several colors - I'm going to get a chenille cutter), but I'm really happy with the end result. Even the cute little patch.
(Sorry for the bad photos... I'm getting lazy and just using my iphone lately. 
Should have at least used the Instagram app... but too late since the blanket is in the mail!)

No comments: