Monday, January 09, 2012

Daybook 1.9.12


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... haven't even bothered to open the shades yet today!

I am thinking... that I wanted to get back to writing this Daybook weekly and was going to start early this morning, but then I was up all night with Kate and her tummy bug.

I am thankful for... indoor plumbing. How did people survive winters without it?!?

From the kitchen... we had a minestrone soup at a friend's house last night. It was SO GOOD that I want to make her recipe this week. Also planning a ham & potato chowder and BBQ pork sliders from a crockpot recipe magazine I picked up the other day. I was even thinking about trying my hand at homemade hamburger buns.

I am wearing... my purple PJs, a long sweater, wool socks and my glasses. Have I mentioned I was up all night?

I am creating... haven't even seen my sewing machine in 2012!


I am going... back to bed after I finish this. I need a nap!


I am reading... What Alice Forgot for my bookclub. Gotta get it done by next week!


I am hoping... for a good nap and for Kate to keep something down soon.

I am hearing... the white noise maker. It is blocking out the sound of the TV and the kids clanking around in the kitchen downstairs.

Around the house... feeling good about the house. I've gotten 2 new pieces of furniture in the last 6 weeks, but haven't really had the time to set them up like I want. We switched up the kids' rooms (did I mention that yet?), and I'd really like to get them a bit more settled in their spaces.


One of my favorite things... soup.

A few plans for the rest of the week: sorta dependent on this tummy bug... had to cancel tennis today, have our normal tennis, swim team/lessons, etc. I have a hair appt. And I'm hoping to make it to the FRMQG unofficial sew on Saturday for a couple hours.

Here is a picture I am sharing: got nothing!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope Kate starts feeling better soon. The stomach bug is so miserable. Crockpot pork sliders sound great! I'd love the recipe if the turn out good.

Jean C. said...

Sorry to hear your kiddo is under the weather... around here... peppermint tea... or even peppermint tea with a candy cane melting in it... really helps settle the tummy! We had it over the holidays... get some sleep!