Thursday, January 05, 2012

40 For 40 - Final List

I finalized my 40 for 40 list. I feel like I gotta get going! Already almost a week into the year I turn 40, and I need to be doing .75 things a week to get this done!

To make it easier for me to accomplish and track, I decided to group my list into categories. Here is the final list plus some commentary!

Could Do Right Now
1. Ski a mogul run
2. Attempt to donate blood
3. Join the bone marrow donation registry
4. Sponsor a child
5. Go cross country skiing
6. Go snowshoeing
7. Make cinnamon rolls

Can Start Working Towards Now
8. Make 40 new recipes
9. Complete a quilt each for Kate & Jack
10. Complete a quilt for my bed
11. Learn to play 4 Christmas carols on the piano
12. Get chickens
13. Learn to fold 40 origami projects
14. Document a day-in-our life 40 times (that's 3-4 /month)
15. Run 1000 miles (joining Tall Mom's club)
16. Say "I Love You" to 40 people (um... why does this make me more nervous than the marathon?!?)

Already Planned
17. Go camping
18. Visit a National Park
19. Complete a half marathon (registered for Feb)
20. Complete a marathon (registered for June)
21. Complete a triathlon (registered for Aug)
22. Plant a garden

Need to Actively Work Towards
23. Go to a Drive-In Movie
24. Climb a 14er
25. Leave the country
26. Go water skiing
27. Host a party
28. Buy an RV (how can Matt say no when it's on my LIST?!?)
29. Secret Plan
30. Start a new, benevolent family tradition (thinking at Christmas time? Maybe volunteer in a soup kitchen, ring the bell for the Salvation Army, volunteer with Toys for Tots, etc.)

Just Have to Make Time At Some Point
31. Do a back flip off a diving board
32. Ride a motorcycle
33. Run 5K in less than 30min
34. Do the incline (I won't do it in the winter with ice)
35. Have a full day spa day
36. Fast for a day
37. Fly a kite
38. Go horseback riding
39. Take kids to a college sporting event (football, hockey, etc)
40. Go rock climbing

Clueless But Hopeful Mama is going to do 40 for 40 also! Anyone else turning 40 that wants to join in?

4 comments:

Traci said...

Awesome list! For cinnamon rolls if you don't have a recipe in mind the Pioneer Woman's is TO DIE FOR. Everyone always begs me to make them. :)

If you want recommendations for Christmas piano music I get a ton of use out of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Christmas-Seasonal-Favorites-Piano/dp/0793509440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325778462&sr=8-1
I got a bunch of Christmas music books this year and this one had the most recognizable songs, was very playable, bud doesn't sound too basic. If you're a piano rock star, though, these are beautiful: http://www.amazon.com/Stylings-Classic-Christmas-Steinway-Library/dp/1929009151/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1325778516&sr=8-28 My rusty skills can't just sit down and play them on the first go like I can the songs in the other book! (I don't recommend 120 Best Known Christmas songs--most of the songs are obscure and the music is written in a way that it's harder to read than the 'big note' modern style that I've come to love for how much easier to makes life!) :)

Tiffany said...

What marathon are you doing in June? I am thinking about doing the one in Pagosa Springs but I have not had the courage to sign up yet.

Beth Moore said...

I'm turning 40 this year too...hmmm...I might just have to join in on the fun. =)

consumedbywanderlust said...

Great list. Good luck! I may have to pilfer some of your ideas.