Tuesday, December 27, 2011

40 for 40

I turn 40 years old (yikes!) in 2012, so I've decided to switch things up with my resolutions this year. Instead of just writing out a short list of goals/accomplishments I'd like to achieve, I've decided to do "40 for 40" (I borrowed the idea from an IRL friend who also turns 40 this year). I'm going to make a list of 40 things I want to do in the year I turn 40. Only problem is that I haven't completely decided what to put on my list and I only have about a week to decided.

I want my list to be a combination of activities that are easy, are a challenge, prove that I am still as young as I feel, provide an outlet to contribute, are healthy, are inspirational, are indulgent, are fun, are individual, are family focused and help me ponder the past 40 years as well as the upcoming 40 years.

Here are the ones I've officially added to the list...

40 for 40
  1. Go to a drive-in movie
  2. Do a back flip off a diving board
  3. Climb a 14er
  4. Go camping
  5. Visit a national park
  6. Leave the country
  7. Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes
  8. Do the incline
  9. Complete a half marathon
  10. Complete a marathon
  11. Complete a triathlon
  12. Make 40 new recipes
  13. Ski a mogul run
  14. Go water skiing
  15. Host a party
  16. Have a full day spa day
  17. Fast for a day
  18. Attempt to donate blood
  19. Join the bone marrow donation registry
  20. Sponsor a child
  21. Go cross country skiing
  22. Ride a motorcycle
  23. Go snowshoeing
  24. Fly a kite
  25. Go horseback riding
  26. Complete a quilt each for Kate & Jack
  27. Make cinnamon rolls
  28. Learn to play 4 Christmas carols on the piano
  29. Get chickens
  30. Secret one that I'm not sharing on the internet :)
I'd love some help coming up with ideas for my last 10! Please leave me a comment if you have something to add to the list (although don't bother suggesting skydiving or a tattoo! Not going to happen!).

2 comments:

Beth Moore said...

Fabulous list so far! I want to start getting back to donating blood, we could make it a date, if you want! :)

Jean C. said...

Great idea and list... what about spending a day without electronics/gadgets?
And honestly... giving blood isn't bad...
Good luck with your list.