Monday, November 07, 2011

Daybook 11.7.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... crisp fall day, we'll need to rake more soon, but my kale has survived 2 snowstorms and the freezing temperatures and is still green.
I am thinking... that I've been so sick this last week. Miserable sick. I haven't been this sick in a LONG time. It was a combo of a head & chest cold, a tummy bug, fever, body aches and just TIRED. I slept 17 hours between Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. But I think I'm finally on the mend.
I am thankful for... healthy days!
From the kitchen... last night we had such a quintessential autumn meal - cranberry chicken from the crockpot, baked acorn squash, steamed green beans and a mixed grain pilaf. I want to do meal planning again - starting today. Of course, I haven't actually planned anything yet...

I am wearing... old Levi's, long sleeved tee, slippers.
I am creating... still working on holiday gifts - both from the sewing room and the kitchen.
I am going... to go take a shower before my tennis lesson this morning. That's how gross I feel right now.
I am reading... Breaking Point by Martha Beck. Moving through it faster than most non-fiction and really like it. Finished Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and Until Tuesday. Now listening to Middlesex. Still plan to start Fragile Beasts.
I am hoping...
 that I haven't completely ruined my half marathon training. I had planned to have a low mileage week in Hawaii, but then I was low the following week and at ZERO last week. I'm still feeling a little achy and weak from being sick, but I think I'll go out for a few miles today. Matt did say that if the half marathon doesn't go as planned, I can go run the Austin half in February.
I am hearing... the dishwasher. I actually unloaded it this morning and filled it all the way back up!
Around the house... Matt cleaned out the garage yesterday and we did a HUGE donation drop off. I feel so much lighter knowing it is all gone. During the few hours that I felt okay last week, I decluttered the laundry room and all the bathrooms. Still need to get to that darn, overflowing basement.
One of my favorite things... NyQuil.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Kate has a reading program at school, facial, no school Friday and ski season starts!!
Here is a picture I am sharing: Since I was too sick to blog about Halloween...

No comments: