Monday, October 31, 2011

Daybook 10.31.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... still dark outside. I can see the little light at the top of Pike's Peak. I always wonder who is up there.

I am thinking... that I'd like to do nothing today, but in reality I have a bit of a list that must get accomplished.

I am thankful for... warm days following snow.

From the kitchen... not sure what this week holds. Will probably make these for dinner tonight.


I am wearing... my 501s (seems to be my typical Monday morning attire), the t-shirt that I slept in and my faithful slippers.

I am creating... Christmas presents!

I am going... to buy Halloween candy today. We have a crazy busy street for trick-or-treaters and usually give out 600+ pieces of candy (and I'm stingy and only give one!), but I'll eat too much if I buy it early.



I am reading... finished Back Roads and picked up Fragile Beasts from the pile from my bedside table because it is by the same author. I've been carrying it around with me but haven't actually opened it yet. Also almost done listening to Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.

I am hoping...
 that I don't get Kate's cold. I felt "blah" all weekend and now I have a bit of a sore throat.

I am hearing... the space heater in my office. I like keeping this tiny room warm for Boots (the hedgehog), Bristle (the betta fish) and ME!

Around the house... my office has fallen into complete chaos again, but the rest of the rooms look pretty good. Feel like I'm always cleaning out junk. Where does it come from?!?

One of my favorite things... hot apple cider on cool fall days.

A few plans for the rest of the week: mostly the norm plus a Bunco night and a friend's birthday party. And trick or treating, of course!

Here is a picture I am sharing: snow storm last week. We probably got 5-6 inches at our house. Can't wait to see the snow in the mountains!

No comments: