Monday, October 24, 2011

Daybook 10.24.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... crisp and chilly. Lots of leaves to be raked.

I am thinking... that I might move to Hawaii. I'm pretty sure you don't have to do as much laundry in Hawaii since you wear a swimsuit all the time. And no dishes to be washed. You just scoop out the papaya to eat. And the house always stays clean on its own. And kids and husbands always do what you ask.

I am thankful for... Miss D and the freezer dinner she made us to eat last night. So nice to not think about cooking after travel.

From the kitchen... See above. Haven't been back long enough to even think about cooking. Any easy suggestions for dinner tonight?




I am wearing... my 501s (which are getting too baggy for me!) and my favorite zippy sweater and my slippers. Soon to change into tennis clothes.



I am creating... too many unfinished projects. I WILL get some sewing room time today. Sometime between laundry and sleeping and dishes and other catching up.

I am going... to get out my Hawaii photo album from 15 years ago and reminisce.



I am reading... finished Little Bee in Hawaii. Eh. Not much to say about it. Started Back Roads which is the first read for my new book club.

I am hoping...
 that some daydreams could come true.

I am hearing... the hum of the fridge and the tick of the kitchen clock. I'm on my laptop in the kitchen because my desktop is giving me internet connection problems.

Around the house... going to decorate for Halloween this week!

One of my favorite things... I can tell you one of my least favorite things - jet lag. Yuck. I've felt awful the last 24 hours. It isn't so much the fatigue but the lack of motivation.

A few plans for the rest of the week: haven't even looked at the calendar yet! I have my regular tennis lesson today and tennis match tomorrow. Hopefully a make-up match sometime this week. I think I might have a haircut. And school conferences for the kids. Hope I'm not missing anything big.

Here is a picture I am sharing: none... hopefully I'll be back with Hawaii photos if I can get my desktop connected.

No comments: