Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kona Solids Challenge Quilt

I finished 2 quilts yesterday! Thanks to the FRMQG informal sew day for the time (and help!) to get them done.  They are both in the washer right now and will be ready to go to their new homes soon (although I admit I am going to have a tough time parting with both of them!). Since I'll probably show these quilts off later this week, I thought this would be a good time to catch up on showing off some of my other quilts. This first one being long overdue for blogging...

This is my Robert Kaufman Kona Solids Challenge Quilt.  All the participants in our guild were given a charm pack of solids in the bright colorway. The rules for our quilt guild were that you had to use at least a little bit of every charm color and you could only add one other fabric to the quilt top.  This is the quilt that came from my charm pack. It was a work of faith, because there was a lot of random slicing and sewing.  But I'm happy with the end result.  Kate loves it and wants another for herself.  I have the charm packs and backing for a second, similar but bigger quilt.
My finished top
Quilted with wavy lines all in one direction
One big piece for the backing
& solid binding
Oscar loves quilts too!
If you want to see what others did with their charm packs, you can check out the FRMQG flickr site for local examples or the MQG Kona Solids flickr page.

No comments: