Monday, September 26, 2011

Daybook 9.26.11


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... I see my overgrown garden that is in desperate need of some harvesting. I always seem to lose interest this time of year.

I am thinking... that I can't possibly be less than a year from 40...

I am thankful for... my sister.

From the kitchen... cinnamon rolls baked by Miss D and a chai tea for breakfast. I admit the combo is a little much even for my enormous sweet tooth.

I am wearing... track pants, a lightweight hooded sweatshirt, and my old slippers. One of my standard drop-the-kids-off-at-school outfits.

I am creating... 
my one little Halloween project has grown into several projects. I'm kinda enjoying the themed sewing.

I am going... to clean the fish bowl and the hedgehog cage today. Poor creatures.


I am reading... Fall to Grace slowly when I find a few minutes here and there. Liking it so far.

I am hoping...
 that my lower back feels better soon.  I did something to it a few weeks ago, and it flared up again the end of last week.

I am hearing... chirping birds and my own typing.

Around the house... still thinking about paint colors for the dining room. Had an inspiration last night and might stop for some samples today. Light fixtures are up (hurray!) and mirror over the fireplace is up. Ceilings around fixtures should be painted this week. Now I just need to get rid of the donation boxes in my living room!

One of my favorite things... my extra large, leopard print, fleece PJs I bought from Costco a few years back. Love 'em on cold nights!

A few plans for the rest of the week: tennis lesson, lunch with a friend, a (sorta) long run, and playdates for the kids today; no tennis games scheduled this week (yet!); "coffee" with a friend later this week; hoping to schedule a massage and get to a yoga class; normal swim team practice; track and field day for the kids; other than Matt having to work more than usual, I'm feeling pretty good about the week.

Here is a picture I am sharing: Oscar getting a drink from Bristle's bowl. Bristle is fearlessly unaware and always comes up to check him out!

No comments: