Monday, September 12, 2011

Daybook 9.12.11


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is just rising and casting a pink hue on everything.  I love this time of day.

I am thinking... that I should go wake up my kiddos. But I am really enjoying the morning solitude.

I am thankful for... old friends.  Or maybe I should say longtime friends. :)

From the kitchen... a perfectly frothed hot chai this morning. I sent my Chili Blanco recipe to a friend this morning, so now I'm thinking I might make it for dinner as well.  Gotta get the beans soaking.

I am wearing... my red plaid, flannel PJs from Christmas last year. And my grungy old slippers.

I am creating... I've lost track of what I'm making! Going to make a list this week and hopefully do a WIP Wednesday post. 

I am going... to have a house catch up day.  After my tennis lesson this morning. And a trip to the grocery store. And maybe a visit to Miss D.

I am reading... 
haven't finished The Heretic's Daughter, because I haven't been hooked by it.  My friend Krista took me to a Borders closing sale in Minnesota this weekend.  I bought 6 books! The first one I plan to read is Fall to Grace by Jay Bakker 

I am hoping... that my early morning running buddy heals up fast so we can run again before it is too cold and dark in the wee hours.

I am hearing... wind blowing outside, kitchen clock ticking inside, and Matt occasionally shuffling papers as he studies in the office

Around the house... getting so much done even if it is in small increments.  Should have my new entry and dining room light fixtures hung today or tomorrow. Still want to pick out a new color to paint the dining room and maybe the ceiling in the master bedroom. Plus I just feel like the house is becoming more and more uncluttered.

One of my favorite things... early morning wake-ups made easy by changing time zones

A few plans for the rest of the week: I think it is going to be a routing week! tennis lesson, spelling words, tennis doubles league, yoga class, swim team practice for Kate & swim lessons for Jack (& lap swim for me!), running club for the kids, hopefully a run or two with a friend or two for me, and no school on Friday.  Want to come up with something fun to do with the kids.



Here is a picture I am sharing: from my Minnesota trip. Love the little crab apple couple.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aw, we used to have a crabapple tree in our front yard in MN. Miss that!

Sounds like a lovely day...Enjoy!

Kate said...

We missed you tonight at guild! We painted the ceiling in our bedroom Aegean Teal (Benjamin Moore)...it's a bold color and I LOVE it! I have your bee block and a little something else for you. Will you send me your address please? Enjoy the rest of you week!