Thursday, September 22, 2011

Calvin's Baby Quilt

Since I'm blogging about baby quilts...

I intended to have this quilt completed for my trip to Minnesota back in March, but the quilting was really giving me a difficult time.  I wanted to do some straight line quilting, but I just wasn't happy after I had a few lines completed.  So I ripped it all out and contemplated what I wanted to do for several months (ie I moved on to other projects!). When I planned to make a second trip to Minnesota in September, I knew I had better get moving on this quilt.  I decided to just do meandering quilting which I think ended up being a better choice.  Baby Calvin finally received the quilt as a 7 month old instead of a 7 week old. Fortunately it is a pretty big quilt (although I forgot to measure it!) so it should give him lots of snuggle time. Some photos from my hotel room...

Finally Finished!
Pieced Back
Quilting 

Comfy!

2 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

It is beautiful!

ashlee said...

this is my favorite of your quilts i've seen! divine. lucky baby! :)