Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tri Report

I'm going to work backwards over the next couple weeks to document some of our summer events. This last weekend was my second sprint triathlon. My overall thoughts...
  • Happy that I finished
  • A little disappointed in my time - 3 minutes slower than last year! But I sorta expected that.
  • Because of some foot pain, I ran very little the weeks leading up to the event. I knew I'd walk/run because of it.
  • Was hoping to place in the top 100 in the swim, but I got kicked in the side/chest about a minute into the swim. It didn't really hurt, but it caused a mini panic attack from which I never really recovered. It was a crazy feeling - suddenly my wetsuit was too restricting and I thought I'd have to drop out of the race!
  • I dropped my water bottle in the first mile of the bike ride. So much for hydrating while riding...
  • It was great to have the family there cheering me on!
  • It was fun to do the race with my friend Kerri.
  • Next year I have to have "40" written on my leg...
Pre-race.
Matt asked me what I would do different about the race.
I'd fix my hair so I don't have bedhead in all the photos!
Waiting for our heats.
Coming out of the water.
Was so happy the swim was over,
yet so disappointed with my performance.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on your second tri. That is something I have wanted to do for a long time but I have yet to do it. School already??? Mikayla starts first grade in 2 weeks and Lily starts 3 year old preschool in 3 weeks. She is very excited!

Beth Moore said...

Congrats! I looked at your time and you did fabulous!!! I can't believe you "panicked" in the swim because you kicked booty!!!!