Monday, August 22, 2011

Daybook 8.22.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... a squirrel is trying to sneak into our garage to get at the birdseed. He just can't quite reach the doorknob!

I am thinking... about throwing away almost everything I own and starting over!

I am thankful for... all the little critters living with us that make me smile.

From the kitchen... I've been cooking again! Potato/chard cakes with marinara last night and salmon cakes tonight.

I am wearing... running shorts that feel a bit short this morning and a running/to be converted to a tennis after running top

I am creating... a non-quilting sewing project started yesterday. Need to pick up a few things today to finish up.

I am going... running at Bear Creek park then to play tennis then to the grocery store and then to Hobby Lobby for above supplies

I am reading... finished Stumbling on Happiness and really liked it. I keep quoting it to anyone who will listen. It was less about what makes someone happy and more about how our brains work. Thought I'd finish The Hedgehog's Dilemma last night, but I got too tired while reading. Will start Little Bee this week. I need a good book to draw me in. Hoping this will be it.

I am hoping... for a few extra hours in every day this week.

I am hearing... neighbors talking outside.

Around the house... handyman is scheduled to come this week for those few projects. I got some office clean out done last week, but mostly I feel like I'm just keeping up right now.

One of my favorite things... cool evenings!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Miss D is coming over for dinner tonight, dentist appointment for the kids, apple picking, hopefully Kate's dresser delivery, and my girls' goal setting group retreat (yea!)

Here is picture I am sharing: taken back in June when we were in Texas. I love this one.

No comments: