Monday, August 15, 2011

Daybook 8.15.11

Outside my window... lovely evening with the sun setting over the mountains. If I had written this morning, I would have said that I was seeing a full moon set over Pike's Peak. Wish I had snapped a photo.

I am thinking... about school starting back this week. I've also been doing a lot of pondering on life lately.

I am thankful for... my foot not bothering me during my triathlon. And it doesn't hurt today either.

From the kitchen... just sent Matt out with the kids to eat dinner. I needed a quick little break.

I am wearing... my tennis dress from my lesson this morning. I need a shower in a big, bad way.

I am creating... I've been on a quilting roll. Have one in the dryer right now. Another just needs the binding hand stitched and yet another that is currently being quilted on my machine. Need to blog about all my quilts because this is really the only record I'm planning on keeping of my projects.

I am going... to figure out my workout/training/tennis schedule for fall in the next couple days. Looking forward to a few changes.

I am reading... still have a bit more of The Hedgehog's Dilemma, still haven't actually started Little Bee. But I did start Stumbling on Happiness.

I am hoping... that my foot not hurting today means that my almost 3 weeks of resting worked and that the pain was a little overuse injury and not a stress fracture. I'll probably try running on it again this week.

I am hearing... boys playing basketball next door, the dryer spinning and me breathing.

Around the house...
have the handyman coming in the next week or so to do a few projects that we can't/won't do ourselves because of the old plaster walls. Looking forward to school starting so I can keep up with the cleaning out.

One of my favorite things... sleep!

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish up school supply shopping, first day of school, tennis luncheon, FRMQG sew-in, a nap.

Here is picture I am sharing: Coming out of the water.

No comments: