Monday, August 01, 2011

Daybook 8.1.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... mountain wildflowers with glimpses of the stream beyond

I am thinking... about school starting and getting back in our routine.

I am thankful for... vacations.

From the kitchen... I'm away from the kitchen for the next few days.

I am wearing... jeans and my new Patagonia tee shirt

I am creating... I'm hand stitching the binding on 2 quilts this week.

I am going... to take a river float trip with the family today.

I am reading... finishing up the The Hedgehog's Dilemma and about to start Little Bee

I am hoping... not much right now. Feeling pretty satisfied.

I am hearing... the mountain stream flowing by and the giggles of my kids and friends playing Go Fish!

Around the house...
Matt is off work this week so we are going to get some big cleaning out done (aren't I always saying that?!?). Want to get the shelves hung in my sewing room so I can finish up the rearranging.

One of my favorite things... chai tea in the morning. Especially after a bit too much red wine the evening before.

A few plans for the rest of the week: river float trip, hot springs, IKEA, good family time

Here is picture I am sharing: on my laptop with no current photos. Here is one from August 2005.

2 comments:

ashlee said...

oh my GOSH! darling.

ashlee said...

and i meant to comment that i really enjoy your morning musings.