Monday, August 08, 2011

Daybook 1.8.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... another beautiful, clear Colorado morning. I think the hammock is calling me to come relax this afternoon.

I am thinking... about all the unread and unanswered emails in my inbox. Ugh. And voicemail. Ugh, ugh.

I am thankful for... get-it-done days. We've had several this last week.

From the kitchen... I MUST make zucchini bread soon.

I am wearing... my robe over a shortie nightgown and my faithful slippers

I am creating... Not only have I been quite the quilter lately, but I've also been busy recreating my sewing space.

I am going... to buy Kate a dresser today. I've been looking and looking for something used or not-so-expensive, but we have been in this house for almost 3 years and her room is desperate for some storage (have I ever mentioned how small the closets are in 100 year old houses?!?). Nothing at IKEA will work - it is all either too small, too big, or too plastic. Pottery Barn Kids, here we come!

I am reading... Have done exactly ZERO reading this week, unless you count reading sewing patterns or old magazines. Still in the middle of The Hedgehog's Dilemma and never did start Little Bee.

I am hoping... that our transition to a school sleeping schedule goes smoothly. This was day #1 of waking up early. It wasn't so pleasant, and tonight is going to be less pleasant when I have 2 overtired children.

I am hearing... highway traffic. For some odd reason it is really loud this morning.

Around the house...
We got so much done last week! I have had a bee in my bonnet to get this home spruced up! I have paint samples up on the walls trying to decide on colors for the dining room walls and our master ceiling. I ordered a few prints for the walls and a few new light fixtures for the ceilings. I have big plans to change my family picture wall as well. I even cleaned out a lot of the basement! Trying to decide what is worth keeping for a garage sale next spring and what should just go to Goodwill.

One of my favorite things... the TrailManor Sport Deck. Very excited that the dealer got one last week so that we could see it IRL. We've been looking at various campers for a long time, and this is the first one that could make us actually pull the trigger. I told Matt that he and the kids could stay in the house and I could live in the driveway...

A few plans for the rest of the week: get everyone back on a school schedule (early to bed, early to rise), day trip with Miss D, pony camp, haircut, interclub tennis luncheon, and my triathlon

Here is picture I am sharing: I have posted so few photos from our summer trips! Maybe I'll get to it when the kids start back to school. At Mt. Princeton hot springs last week.

No comments: