Saturday, August 27, 2011

Agnes Vaille Falls

After St. Elmo and a quick stop for lunch at bait, we did the Agnes Vaille Falls hike. It was a rather easy hike, but pretty with a big waterfall at the end. It always cracks me up that my kids can walk a half mile to school without stopping, but when we hike, they think they need to stop every quarter mile for a break and a snack! Fortunately this hike had lots to explore. I bet the running back and forth, the kids hiked twice as far as we did.
Matt & the kids
Butterfly the kids found
Kate under the falls
Jack & Mom under the falls
Coming down wasn't so easy...
There were also some guys who free climbed to the top of the falls but were having difficulty getting down. They kept sending big, loose rocks over the falls, so we high tailed it out of there. I didn't want to get hit by a rock or see them fall.

1 comment:

Mary @Green Global Travel said...

These are some beautiful pictures of your Agnes Vaille Falls hike. Definitely something I would like to do when I am in Colorado next!