Tuesday, August 02, 2011

2011 Resolutions - Update

Wanted to do a quarterly update at the beginning of July but never got around to it. Better late than never!

- Run 5K in goal time (unaccomplished the last 2 years...) - just need to run a 5K race, and I think I'll have this goal accomplished. I am going to Minnesota in September to run a 5K with my friend Michelle. When I was in Minnesota in March, I told her that if she did a C25K program, I'd come back to run with her. She has done an awesome job, and I can't wait to see her cross the finish line. I just don't know if she wants me to actually run with her or if I can try to hit my goal.
- Visit one state I haven't been to (I'd like to hit 2, but I'm not sure that is realistic. States left on the list are Michigan, Oregon, South Carolina, Rhode Island, and Delaware) - I don't think this is going to happen this year. Matt is on vacation this week, and we talked about a trip to Oregon, Michigan or SC. Instead we decided to take it easy and hang around Colorado, because we have some big trip plans in the works for the next year or so.
- Visit 2 new national parks (I'm being conservative... I think we might visit 4 new ones this year!) - visited Mesa Verde in March, and we'll get to another this year. Just not sure which one yet. Oh, and plans changed, so we aren't going to visit 4...
- Build one carpentry project (a new skill I'd like to add to myrepertoire) - I did help with the hen house, but I want to build something else. Maybe after school starts.
- Make quilts for Kate and Jack - going to do this, working on some ideas
- Play an official tennis match - I've played 2 singles matches and 2 doubles matches. Lost all of them, but it was close. I'm getting better and a win is just a matter of time.
- Complete a second triathlon race - only a few weeks away!
- Run half marathon race - I actually did a spur of the moment half marathon a couple weeks ago. It wasn't pretty, but I got through it. Registered for another in December, and I might even do the Denver half in October. We'll see.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You'll have to let me know when you make it to Michigan...it's where I grew up! I could tell you plenty of wonderful places to visit. It is a spectacular state!