Monday, June 06, 2011

Daybook 6.6.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... sunny and hot. Still a bit of haze from the wildfires burning south of us. Birds are chirping endlessly. We have grackles nesting in our Blue Spruces that are noisy and chase the squirrels, the cat and the dog if they come anywhere near.

I am thinking... that there will be no more daytime runs until fall. It is just too hot. I went at about 9:30 this morning and thought that I was going to DIE.

I am thankful for... a water spigot right next to my garden bed and the time sprinkler heads IN the garden.

From the kitchen... salads, salads, salads. I think we'll have our favorite strawberry avocado salad for dinner tonight.

I am wearing... yellow tech top that doubled this morning as a running top then a tennis top and white tennis skirt and bare feet. I'm hot, sweaty, stinky and in need of a shower.

I am creating... too many quilts. Against my better judgement, I've started cutting out a new quilt top. My machine won't be ready until tomorrow or Wednesday, and I really miss it.

I am going... to find some time to write this week. I think I need to get away to a coffee shop as I'm too distracted at home.

I am reading... finished up Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith. I really liked it once I got into it, and my copy is so beat up from the trip. Decided to stay on my Anne Lamott kick and read Rosie. Didn't listen much to The Heart and the Fist while traveling. No time plus I don't think Matt was much into it. Looking forward to listening to it this week.

I am hoping... that life stays good like this for awhile.

I am hearing... just those darn grackles.

Around the house... want to plant my flower pots this week. Also going to have a ceiling fan installed in the guest bedroom and some sconces hung next to the fireplace (we have 100 year old plaster walls that make sconce hanging quite the production!)

One of my favorite things... the iPod touch. Our kids have them (but are only allowed to use them for travel), and it is so nice to have music, movies and games all on one little device.

A few plans for the rest of the week: relax, tennis, run, zoo camp, ice cream with Miss D, dinner with friends, pool time... classic summer activities.

Here is picture I am sharing: Delicate Arch hike with the kids last week

3 comments:

m said...

I've told you (right? Like probably 50 times?) how much I love Traveling Mercies? It's just so perfectly pitched for my own spiritual sensibilities... Also, I have Rosie on my night stand right now, to read next. :) Have you read Imperfect Birds? It's the same characters as Rosie only Rosie is a teen instead of a little kid...

Marie Green said...

Ah, that last comment was me (Marie Green).

Beth Moore said...

I just got waaaay too much joy out of saying GRACKLES. :P