Monday, June 13, 2011

Daybook 6.13.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... a perfect Colorado morning.

I am thinking... that these silly Daybook posts are so therapeutic for me, even if no one reads them.

I am thankful for... the kiddos. My goodness do I love them. Even in their crankiest forms.

From the kitchen... still closed for business. Although I have some old bananas that I want to turn into bread. Maybe later this afternoon.

I am wearing... a Liberty of London nightie that I got from Target a year or so ago. Plus a robe and my faithful slippers. I'm proud to say that I am still in my jammies at almost 10am.

I am creating... nothing new. Just haven't felt up to it lately.

I am going... to the eye doctor with Jack this afternoon.

I am reading... haven't felt like reading much either. Seems like I fall asleep whenever I sit to read. I am enjoying Rosie even if it is taking me a long time to get through it. The Heart and the Fist is still my current audiobook, but I haven't been in the mood to listen either.

I am hoping... that the grackle fledgling we found on our driveway yesterday is doing well. We moved him into the bushes and kept Oscar the cat inside. We saw the momma grackle feeding and encouraging him, and he was gone this morning. Saw a fledgling sitting in a lilac bush this morning. Going to assume that it's our little guy.

I am hearing... lawn mowers, grackles and highway traffic.

Around the house...
the sconces didn't go up so easy last week. Hopefully they'll be up today. The one that is up looks great. Now I just need the backordered mirror I ordered to arrive. I'm guessing I'll be waiting until August. Garden is looking good. Didn't plant the back porch pots last week. Maybe I'll just skip them this year.

One of my favorite things... unrushed mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week: eye doctor appointment for Jack, swim team for Kate, tennis match, cousins, and Keahi.

Here is picture I am sharing: I sometimes refer to the ranch where Matt and I were married. They have been fighting off the wildfires. Sounds like the main house is now safe, but the surrounding area is almost completely burned. Thought I'd share some images that we've been sent. Almost unbelievable for me.

No comments: