Monday, May 09, 2011

DayBook 5.9.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... beautiful, clear morning. My lilac bushes are blooming and the scent drifts in through any of our open windows.

I am thinking... that I really like doing these Daybook posts. I like reflecting once a week.

I am thankful for... my bathroom scale which gives it to me straight. Even if I don't like what it tells me.

From the kitchen... English muffins and raspberries and chai tea for breakfast. Haven't given much thought yet past that. Maybe I'll make the granola that I haven't gotten around to making yet.

I am wearing... running tights (it is still a bit nip in the mornings), black hooded running top, and running shoes.

I am creating... see WIP post. I might also make another sunglasses case today. Not sure I am totally satisfied with the one I made for the FRMQG swap.

I am going... to take a shower before my tennis lesson this morning. That's how yucky I am.

I am reading... same as last week... Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things and listening to The Paris Wife.

I am hoping... for an early bedtime all this week.

I am hearing... just the birds chirping. I should hear rustling upstairs. Need to finish this up and go wake up the troops.

Around the house...
garden is composted and ready to plant. I need to check with our sprinkler guy about how to set up the automatic watering. Matt was off work for a few days last week. We used one of the days to sort (my job) and deliver (Matt's job) a big box of donations. That was so motivating that I have another box almost ready to go. We also rearranged some furniture and wall hangings. I'm really liking it.

One of my favorite things... my super plush, ultra soft camping pad that I got for Mother's Day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: tennis (this is going to be the summer of tennis), FRMQG meeting, last day of kindy volunteering, a teleclass (my first!) on how to organize your wardrobe/closet, school field trip, a couple playdates, and hopefully goal setting group

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: I don't think I took a single photo this week...

1 comment:

Beth Moore said...

It was great to see you today. I am SO jealous of your lilacs...SO JEALOUS.