Monday, May 30, 2011

Daybook 5.30.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... greening grass with big patches of dirty snow under the pine trees. We are in our spot in the mountains. We were supposed to be camping at the Colorado National Monument, but I seem to have caught a little bug. We opted to stay in one spot. I've slept 22 of the last 36 hours and now feel so much better.

I am thinking... about the significance of Memorial Day. I wish I had planned ahead and thought of an activity for the kids. Next year.

I am thankful for... mountain air. Even if I am short of breath just climbing the stairs.

From the kitchen... my kitchen is going to be a campfire this week, and I'm going to try some new recipes. I'll share next week if they turn out well.

I am wearing... fleecy leopard print PJs

I am creating... my sewing machine is getting a tune up this week, and I miss it! I'm working on getting some hand stitching done. Wishing I had packed a crochet project.

I am going... on a desert adventure!

I am reading... Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith still and haven't made much progress since last week. I also started (and already finished!) Family History. I needed a novel for the holiday weekend and this fit the bill. Finished listening to The Kitchen House (really good!) and started listening to The Heart and the Fist. Hoping this is a good as it sounds.

I am hoping... for more than one camping trip this summer. And while I'm hoping and wishing about camping, I'd really like a Casita.

I am hearing... the rumble of the stream that runs behind our mountain spot, the hum and tick of the fireplace, and Jack's cartoons. Everyone else is still asleep.

Around the house...
I finally got the garden planted. My yellow squash planted literally doubled overnight. I put in a few herbs and will plant more next week. Next week I'll plant annuals and tomatoes in my pots. And I want to get a new umbrella for our outdoor dining table since we are starting to eat most of our meals outside.

One of my favorite things... eating outside!

A few plans for the rest of the week: hiking, swimming, off roading, and just relaxing fun this week. Maybe another Junior Ranger badge. And we get to see Uncle Mark and Uncle Peter.

Here is picture I am sharing: I'm on my laptop and only have old photos. Here is one from May 2006. I was so young!!

1 comment:

ashlee said...

that picture is to die for. i miss you!