Monday, May 23, 2011

Daybook 5.23.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... clear and lovely. Perfect for the last day of school picnic.

I am thinking... that all I blog lately is Daybooks and WIP. Hoping this will change as the school year comes to an end.

I am thankful for... for a busy schedule as it means I have a full life. I'm thankful for a busy schedule. I'm thankful for a busy schedule. I need to keep telling myself this. Maybe I'll eventually feel/believe it.

From the kitchen... still closed for business. Seriously, I don't think I've made anything fancier than boxed mac 'n cheese for weeks!

I am wearing... grey tennis skirt (with cute leopard print under shorts!), hot pink tank, fleece top

I am creating... I finished a quilt yesterday for Jack's retiring kindergarten teacher. My fingers are a bit sore. I think I'm done sewing for this week, and next week my machine gets to go get tuned up.

I am going... to play in my first competitive tennis match this evening. I'm a bit nervous and a bit excited. Please be sending me some play good vibes. I don't care for myself whether I win or lose, but I care about winning for the team.

I am reading... did I mention that Matt accidentally dropped my copy of Stuff in the toilet? And my kids aren't good about flushing. It went into the recycling bin. I'm midway through The Kitchen House and really enjoying listening to it. I ended up not starting the Mother Teresa biography and instead re-started Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith which I was supposed to read last fall with my friend Ashlee. She whizzed through it, but I didn't get past the first chapter. Back at it.

I am hoping... to just make it through today. Then I'm hoping to kick back and enjoy summer!

I am hearing... the tick of the clock in my sewing room. I'm blogging from my laptop while my desktop downloads videos. I love this clock and had it by my bedside for awhile, but while the tick soothed me, it kept Matt awake. It now lives in my sewing room.

Around the house... laundry, laundry, laundry.

One of my favorite things... JRDF. Really worth supporting. As Matt and I have become more intentional about our giving, this is one of the organizations that we have singled out as important to us.

A few plans for the rest of the week: major events today include tennis lesson, school picnic, nap, tennis match. There are a ton of little piddly things I need to fit in as well that's making me feel overwhelmed. The rest of the week? Sleep in, do nothing, haircut, sleep in, do nothing, dinner with friends we haven't seen in forever, sleep-in, do nothing. Maybe I'll even sneak a shower in there somewhere.

Here is picture I am sharing: I'm sure I have photos... I'm just feeling too lazy to download them from my camera...

1 comment:

Marie Green said...

GRAH. Blogger just ate my comment. ANYWAY.

I just picked up Traveling Mercies this week, looking for a quote in it, and re-read the whole thing. I LOVE that book and all its nuggets of wisdom. And I find her spiritual process so honest and raw that I feel like I too can have my own spiritual ways w/o "fitting in" with any one specific doctrine of religion. Too funny that you're reading it the same week!