Monday, April 25, 2011

DayBook 4.25.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... a beautiful spring day! A snowy peak topping the low clouds. When the clouds cleared for a few minutes earlier, the whole range was majestically covered in snowy trees. Reminded me how much I love living near the mountains.

I am thinking... that I don't want to get a puppy anytime soon.

I am thankful for... technology. Sometimes all the email/texts/voicemail/etc. drives me bonkers, but I love having so much at my fingertips.

From the kitchen... leftovers!!

I am wearing... pink tennis skirt with my sweaty running pants from this morning. White half zip. Slippers, of course.

I am creating... I'm almost done with a new quilt! Just need to do the binding. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and had a fun time quilting it. Makes me want to baste and quilt the multiple quilt tops hanging in the closet.

I am going... tennis lesson, grocery store, maybe to see Miss D. Looking forward to my afternoon at home.

I am reading... Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things is still on my bedside table. I've been busy sewing instead of reading at night, and I've also been catching up on my magazines. Just started listening to The Blue Notebook. Not going to be an easy listen.

I am hoping... for an early bedtime all this week.

I am hearing... the twittering of so many birds. The back door is open to let out the dogs and let in the fresh air. I love spring.

Around the house...
ugh. So much I want to do. I did manage to start organizing my sewing room a little more. I just have better things to do than clean and organize.

One of my favorite things... I'm doing a trial of OmniFocus software. I want to move my big organizing binder with all my lists and to do's and goals to an electronic format. So far so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
tennis, tennis, and more tennis, early morning runs, oil change, eye doctor appointment, charity breakfast, ceiling fan install, and a visit from Uncle Mark, Mimi & Dick (Matt's mom and her SO) to build a chicken coop!!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: On the hunt yesterday

2 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

I really like this daybook idea you are using! It is a great way to have a snapshot of what you are up to that week, and I love the way you can keep a record. I have an eye appt. this week, too.:)

Beth Moore said...

Sounds like a good week on tap. I love your daybook posts. =)