Monday, April 11, 2011

Day Book 4.11.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... clear sky, snow capped mountain peak, greening grass, and a new trampoline!

I am thinking... about my mile long to-do list. I'm mostly thinking that I don't even want to look at it.

I am thankful for... that I survived last week. It really got crazy for me. I don't stress very easily, and I was STRESSED.

From the kitchen... I want to try Almond Butter Snickerdoodles for an after school snack. I've also been in the mood to make granola. I don't think I've made granola since before Kate was born (with good reason - someday I'll blog about it) It's time.

I am wearing... a teal tennis skirt and grey half zip top. Need to go shower and change.

I am creating... I'm really more finishing than creating anything new right now. Hopefully by next week I'll have some finished projects to show off.

I am going... nowhere for a few hours. Waiting on a guy to turn on our sprinklers and another guy to look at our back lights.

I am reading... Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things and listening to the audiobook of Prayers for Sale. Both are enjoyable. I'm a bit disturbed at how closely my thinking is to that of some hoarders, and the novel is especially enjoyable for me since it is set in Colorado and is about the friendship between an elderly woman and a younger woman who both quilt.

I am hoping... for a relaxing summer. Looking forward to not-so-much travel.

I am hearing... the gnawing on a bone by Gunny (I'll tell you about him tomorrow!)

Around the house...
still want to hang some art work. Need to organize my sewing room. The office is turning back into a dumping ground. The donation box(es) need to be donated.

One of my favorite things... my Mossimo olive green tote from Target. I take it everywhere right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week: well visits for the kids, lunch or breakfast with my friend Ashlee, a little sewing with Miss D, a little more sewing with the FRMQG, a visit from Ito (Matt's Dad), hopefully a yoga class

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: A few photos from the crazy wind storm we had a week ago.
What was left of our backyard umbrella
The tree that caused our power outage all the next day
Other neighborhood scenes


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad that no trees landed on your house.