Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daybook 3.29.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... a beautiful bit of snow barely lit by the rising sun. The snow is sticking to the buds on my lilac bushes. I can't wait for the lilacs to bloom this year!

I am thinking... of a friend of mine who called yesterday to tell me that she is expecting. The miracle of life will never cease to enthrall and excite me.

I am thankful for... my husband's job. It allows me so much freedom to be who I want to be.

From the kitchen... a
chai tea for my breakfast. I want to bake some bread today. Or just bake something. I'm in a baking mood.

I am wearing... flannel
PJs, wool sweater and my ever faithful slippers.

I am creating... so many, many things! I must have at least 10
WIPs right now. Several are mug rugs as the FRMQG is doing a mug rug exchange. I have never made one and thought I should practice on one first, but now I can't stop! They are so much fun to whip up.

I am going... to a meeting, to the gym, to the school library to volunteer.

I am reading... Life's Work: Confessions of an Unbalanced Mom (it's okay... only on the first chapter), Young Runners, and listening to the audio version of Mudbound

I am hoping... for a bit of email time this week. I haven't written an email response longer than a sentence in over 2 weeks. Sorry if you have written me, and I haven't responded yet.

I am hearing... the tick of the kitchen clock, the mew of a hungry cat, and the furnace kicking on
(I'm in the kitchen on my laptop rather than my normal office spot).

Around the house... the tree house is finished and oh-so-much-fun! Rock wall is also complete, but we need to wait a few more weeks to pick out plantings (
the landscaper thinks I'm completely nuts due to my focus on edible plants!). I'm starting to think about my garden plan. I might even try planting some greens in the next few weeks. The inside of my house? A constant battle against clutter... like always.

One of my favorite things...
Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That cookbook. A Christmas gift. Loving it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: my sister's birthday, a few short runs, tennis, Pueblo quilt show with Miss D, and April Fools' Day! Maybe a little quiet time if I am lucky?

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: you'll have to wait until later this week when I have time to post photos from our spring break journey.

No comments: