Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daybook 3.15.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... grass that is starting to look green, a half built playhouse, my new raised garden bed

I am thinking... about a phrase from my daily devotional the other day, "This Lent may we see that often the temptation we need to resist is not something we already know is wrong but something we think is right."

I am thankful for... the friends I have in my life. I wish I was better at keeping in touch with each and every one of you.

From the kitchen... not much right now. I don't even have dinner tonight planned. I might bake something for an after school snack.

I am wearing... gym clothes and slippers.

I am creating... my "Out of Control" Journal. I used to faithfully use my binder to stay organized, but it fell out of use a few years ago. I've been putting it back together for a few weeks now, and it is really helpful.

I am going... on another road trip with the kids for spring break. Matt will join us for a couple days, but most of the time I'll be solo with the kids. The trip will include a favorite locale for Jack's birthday (at Jack's request) followed by visits to a couple new places (and hopefully more Junior Ranger badges!).

I am reading... Half the Sky and listening to the audiobook of The Elegance of the Hedgehog. The latter has had a rather slow beginning. I hope it picks up soon. Half the Sky, on the other hand, is one of the most amazing books I've read in a long time. It makes me want to get out there and DO something about the state of the world. But what?

I am hoping... to get back on our routine. I feel so off kilter. But it isn't going to happen for another 2 weeks.

I am hearing... the sounds of cartoons from the living room. I've kept Jack home one more day from school. Poor lil' guy is just zonked.

Around the house... prints and photos that need hanging. I'd like to get that done in the next few days, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until after spring break.

One of my favorite things... Children's Tylenol Meltaways!

A few plans for the rest of the week: hair cut, St. Patrick's Day celebrations, first tennis lesson for the kids, and Spring Break!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: From my Minnesota trip. Don't I look good with a baby in my arms? I should have had a dozen of babies...

2 comments:

PopMom said...

I could not get into The Elegance of the Hedgehog - let me know if you do get into it!! I had heard such great things, but I think I only made it a couple of chapters in before I just returned it.

Marie Green said...

Agreed. You should have dozens. (And I LOVE his smooshy cheeks!)