Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Daybook 3.1.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Pike's Peak is pinkish purple from the sunrise. It is quiet in my backyard, but I did see a fox scoot through before I started writing.

I am thinking... of all the little things I need to accomplish this week. Sometimes I have a difficult time fitting in the small things - scheduling an eye doctor
appt, paying a solitary bill, writing a quick email, etc.

I am thankful for... quiet evenings and quiet mornings when I can think and work and listen.

From the kitchen... homemade
creole seasoning for the Mardi Gras dinner I'm making tomorrow for my family plus Miss D. We'll have dinner out with friends tonight. Another ski widow. Both dads have been CAT skiing in Steamboat this week.

I am wearing... my
snowman PJs from 2 Christmases ago. And Matt's old yellow motorcycle socks that I pilfered years ago. It's a good look. But the socks are super warm, and I can't find my pink slippers this morning.

I am creating... a huge mess where ever I go! I have so many projects that I wanted to finish this week, but I'm not sure I'll complete anything (
and I'm not even going to start some that I wanted to finish!)

I am going... to Minnesota! Direct flight from COS Friday morning, and by that evening I'll be playing with my friend Krista. We are going to do a girls' night in a hotel Saturday night (
thanks, Allan!) with lots of shopping, chatting and catching up. Sunday I am heading to my friend Michelle's house where I am going to pick up her new baby and not put him down until I leave on Wednesday (or maybe I'll just take the baby home with me...). I'm also excited to see my friend Melissa. I haven't seen her in about 15 years!

I am reading... NOTHING! I finally finished listening to the
audiobook of Pillars of the Earth over the weekend. Will pick something out of my pile of books to start on the airplane. Maybe Room?

I am hoping... for time to work on my creative projects this week, time to run errands this week, time to run and play tennis this week, time to just be with the kiddos... I guess I'm really just hoping for more time!

I am hearing... just the white noise hum of the space heater warming my little office.

Around the house... our new window is finally in place! Still needs trim work, but it is so nice to see the entire backyard from my kitchen sink. The family room was so much brighter when I came down this morning.

One of my favorite things... my
sewing bird scissors. I love having it around my neck while I work.

A few plans for the rest of the week: dinner with friends, lunch with the girls, my niece's birthday, and did I mention that I'm leaving on a jet plane?

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... Oscar. I don't have many photos of him, and after losing Samuel, I felt like I needed some.

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

I loved Room! Also, you are crazy for coming to Minnesota right now. It's SO COLD here! Wind chill advisories for tonight!!

Dawn said...

I love the picture of Oscar!