Thursday, February 03, 2011

Randomness

  • Haven't blogged for no good reason. Just not feeling like writing. Or rather writing where others can read.
  • I've been doing a bit of sewing when I can. Have too many works in progress and want to get something actually FINISHED soon. So no more new projects until some of the WIPs are at least quilted.
  • Matt generously offered to give me his small office to turn into a sewing room. Currently our guest room doubles as my sewing room which means when guests come, there is A LOT of cleaning up and putting away to do. He'll move his office into the guest room since reading journals isn't as messy as quilting. I do feel a bit guilty as I'll now have an office AND a sewing room all to myself, and poor Matt will have no space of his own. But not guilty enough to refuse the offer.
  • We are putting in a window in the back of our house. I can't wait to have a better view of the yard. Of course, the scheduled day to cut a hole in my house, the high temp was -3 degrees. Fortunately/unfortunately, they sent over the wrong window so now holes in the wall until next week. In the meantime, the ET-esque setup is actually providing a little extra insulation.
  • The plus side of the cold weather is that I can store my freezer food outside while waiting on our new fridge today.
  • Still slowly working on cleaning out and decluttering what we don't need or use. Of course, if you saw my house right now, it would be difficult to tell since everything from my fridge is sitting on my counter or outside the back door. And most of the family room is in the living room because of the window install. But I can tell.
  • Miss D has been in the hospital since last week. She is doing much better and is recouping in a skilled nursing facility. I've spent a lot of the last week at the hospital which I don't mind. It just makes me miss working in a hospital.
  • I've meditated twice in the last few days. Love it when I can make it work.
  • I think I'm having the winter blahs. Can't seem to get anything on my to do list done. My email inbox is backed up again. Just want to curl up and read a book. Or sew. Or watch TV.
  • I do get to go to visit 2 friends (one with a new baby!) in Minnesota next month. VERY excited about that trip. Still need to buy my ticket...
  • I'm ready for spring.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I understand not having anything to blog about and I am not liking this cold weather but it should be over soon!

Penny said...

The days are getting longer for you guys so hang in there and get some vitamin D :) I'm so jealous you have rooms for offices and sewing room and guest rooms!