Friday, February 04, 2011

No Buy Month

February is a no-buy month for our family. We did this a few years ago, and it was a good exercise in buying habit awareness. I'm hoping to do better than we did last time. Matt's 2 cousins and his sister are doing it also.

I'm only going to purchase food and necessary toiletries or cleaning supplies (toilet paper is okay, lip gloss is not!). I am allowing myself a possible exception for Kate's birthday at the end of the month. I think I have all I want to for her so I may not even need the exception. But nothing else. We'll make do with what we already have.

4 days in and the only thing I've been tempted to buy so far is a new ironing board...

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

This is an awesome idea. I actually have a good friend who is new "nothing new" for a YEAR! Her blog is here: http://perfectlyinprocess.wordpress.com/

Ardanari said...

Great idea..
It is really a good exercise in buying habit awareness.

Thank you for the idea.
I want to try it at home.