Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daybook 2.22.11

FOR TODAY (or rather this evening...)
Outside my window... almost dark but I can still make out the shapes of Oscar and Nina stalking squirrels together.

I am thinking... that tomorrow is Kate's last day of being 6. And how I only get glimpses of the baby she was when she is deep asleep. And how in another 7 years she'll be a full fledged teenager.

I am thankful for... a good run today. 5 miles in perfect running weather. I needed a good run just for the mental boost.

From the kitchen... left over tater-tot casserole from dinner sitting on the counter (
I needed some comfort food tonight!) Quinoa on the stove to make my burrito filling that I like for my lunches. Plans for a birthday cake that has been described to me in detail.

I am wearing... old comfy blue jeans, an old t-shirt
, a thick wool sweater, and my pink fuzzy slippers (I always have those on my feet!)

I am creating... I've been doing much un-creating lately. I wasn't satisfied with the quilting stitches in the baby quilt I'm making, so I've been ripping the out the last few days. I've also been pulling out the crochet scarf that I thought was too long.

I am going... to bed early tonight. I'm already showered so I only need to put on PJs and brush my teeth.

I am reading... STILL listening to Pillars of the Earth on my iPhone. Only a couple hours left. Haven't started reading anything new. Maybe I'll start when I get into bed early tonight.

I am hoping... some secret hopes.

I am hearing... the sounds of Matt putting the kids to bed upstairs, and Nina's collar jingle as she moves between rooms.

Around the house... all kinds of re-organizing I want to get done, especially in my new sewing room. I'd like to move out the twin bed that is there and replace it with my red rocking chair. The guest room/Matt's new office needs some sprucing up also. And the basement. Must set aside some time to pick through all the junk that has accumulated there. Also have a few prints to frame and hang. And my office. Yikes!

One of my favorite things...
Zen timer app for iphone. I love the "singing bowl" that begins and ends my meditations.

A few plans for the rest of the week: tennis lesson, making a new ironing board cover with Miss D, Kate's birthday, dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a long time, and movie club.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... the kids with Miss D. We took her out to dinner on Friday evening, and she provided a chocolate cream pie for dessert. I feel so blessed that we have this friend in our life.

No comments: