Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daybook 2.15.11

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the sun is SHINING, there are birds at the feeder, and my hammock is swaying and beckoning me to come relax.

I am thinking... about spring break and summer travel plans. So many destinations, so little time.

I am thankful for... my healthy body. And my children's healthy body. And my husband's healthy body.

From the kitchen... mine is quiet other than the tea kettle steaming. Weekend leftovers for dinner tonight and probably tomorrow also.

I am wearing... blue jeans, a blue
bamboo t-shirt I got for Christmas from cousin Marika, a bright colored woven belt, and my pink fuzzy slippers.

I am creating... still working on the quilt for a wee one. Haven't made much progress since last week. Would like to have it basted by the end of the week. I also finished a crocheted infinity scarf, but I'm not happy with the length.
Pulling it out to start over.

I am going... on a run this afternoon and to an information session for an advanced degree program this evening.

I am reading... all my organization books and still listening to Pillars of the Earth on my iPhone

I am hoping... to start some landscape projects soon. We are going to build a little rock wall, a treehouse/playfort for the kids, and a more permanent raised garden bed for me.

I am hearing... the white noise of my space heater warming my feet. And my stomach growling.

Around the house... there is a delay in our window install, so my house continues to be a bit chaotic. Having some light fixtures replaced and planning some new lighting.

One of my favorite things... my frother. So completely luxurious and unnecessary but so wonderful for making chai.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Miss D should be discharged this week so I'll be with her a lot to ease the adjustment back home, yoga with a friend, tennis with Matt, sew along with
Front Range Modern Quilt Guild

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... Jack's reading has just taken off! Some of my favorite times are quiet reading with my kiddos.

1 comment:

PopMom said...

The milk frother is fabulous - I use an aerolatte handheld (http://www.aerolatte.com/purchase1.html). Everyone makes fun of me at work, but it makes a nice difference :)