Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2011 Theme

"Simply Live" is the theme I've chosen for myself for 2011.

It is a play on several quotes that are meaningful for me.
  • "Live simply so others may simply live." - Ghandi
  • "Simple pleasures are the last refuge of the complex." - Oscar Wilde
  • "Live Simply, Love Much, Laugh Often" (not sure where this is from... seems it might be adapted from a poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley)
I want to continue to strive for simplicity in all areas of my life. I've been working diligently on clearing out the unnecessary *stuff* in our house (although it often feels as if there is a continuous stream coming in). I've also been working towards an overall simplicity in our activities, our schedule, and my mind set.

The phrase also reminds me to be mindful, to simply live now. In the past year or so I've struggled with the would haves, could haves, and should haves in my life. In 2011 I'd like to focus on living more fully in the present. To worry less, to enjoy more, to simply live.

I'm excited how the theme plays out in my life this year.

1 comment:

Marie Green said...

Love this. Any tips on creating less garbage? We already compost and recycle like mofos and yet. SO MUCH GARBAGE.