Thursday, January 06, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Here they are. I might try to add one more. Don't really like having an odd number for the list.
  1. Run 5K in goal time (unaccomplished the last 2 years...)
  2. Visit one state I haven't been to (I'd like to hit 2, but I'm not sure that is realistic. States left on the list are Michigan, Oregon, South Carolina, Rhode Island, and Delaware)
  3. Visit 2 new national parks (I'm being conservative... I think we might visit 4 new ones this year!)
  4. Build one carpentry project (a new skill I'd like to add to my repertoire)
  5. Make quilts for Kate and Jack
  6. Play an official tennis match
  7. Complete a second triathlon race
  8. **Run half marathon race
**Went back and added the half marathon goal. I decided today that I am NOT going to run the Austin Half Marathon. Matt's not doing it, I don't really feel like traveling, I'm not training the way I really wanted, etc. I feel good about the decision. I can focus instead on skiing and tennis the next couple months. But I still want to run a half marathon sometime in 2011. Plus I like having an even number of resolutions.

5 comments:

Lori Alper aka Groovy Green Livin said...

What a great list of resolutions! I just started doing tri's 2 years ago and I am in love. Half marathon's scare me! Hope all your resolutions come true. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Seeing that you’re a green advocate (and blogger) I wanted to reach out and see if you were interested in an article that I recently have written. It's on the Olympics and the steps they're taking to go green and decrease the environmental impact that it has.

I think you and your readers of (http://craftygreenpoet.blogspot.com/) will find it a unique topic and a fun read.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Anonymous said...

sorry my name is Nerissa email:nerdbarry@gmail.com

Tiffany said...

That is a great set of New Year Resolutions! I seem to have lost your email address - can you email it to me again?

oconnellhouse78 at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

PopMom said...

I used to live in Michigan for a couple of years - I would highly recommend a U Mich football game in the Fall w/ a nice Zingerman's lunch (awesome deli that does mail order food as well). Or, in the summer, the Traverse City area up top is known for cherries and the beaches on the lake, surprisingly, are really beautiful.

Rhode Island might not be a destination state unless you're heading for Newport or the beaches around there. Providence is fun to visit - Roger Williams Zoo is great and Providence has amazing restaurants. You should do a full New England trip!