Thursday, December 09, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I know many people think of baking Christmas cookies and candies as a chore, but I love it! Very little makes me happier than the site of a variety of cookies on a plate. Being ready early for Christmas is allowing me to really enjoy it and bake LOTS of cookies. Here is the list so far...

Already Made
Easy Fudge
Easy Nutty Fudge (as above with walnuts)
Sugar Cookies (although I'll probably make another batch without kiddos... not sure I really want to serve the ones they decorated...)

Candies
Mint Truffles
Coconut Truffles
Peanut Butter Truffles
Salted Butter Caramels
(I've made the insides of the truffles, just have to dip and decorate!)

Planned for Next Week
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread Men
Grandma V's Poppyseed Cookies (this recipe is from my friend Michelle's grandmother - she used to bring them to us in college and I would eat them all... I couldn't control myself! I'm thinking about trying some with a lemon filling instead of chocolate)
Swedish Dreams
Sugarplums

Planned for the Week of Christmas
Crispy Wreaths
Peppermint Snowballs
Cheesecake Cups

New Recipes I Might Try This Year
Key Lime Cups
Fig Date Rugelach
Egg Nog Cookies
Lemon Pistachio Wreaths
Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies
Lemon Icebox Cookies
Pecan-Lace Cookies

*No time for recipes right now. I'll try to post some of our favorites next week!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Wow! By Christmas you must have cookies enough to cover most of next year ;)

Sounds delicious! Looking forward to some recipes